Thursday, September 12, 2013

Partyin, partyin, yeah! (Mostly an entry about game shows, though)...

When we last left my trip home, I'd survived a terrifying Costco encounter with a bird and was falling into the loving arms of sleep after a full-day of driving.

Saturday, I woke up, dined on a queen's breakfast of like four cups of coffee and cold pizza, and prepared for my brother and sister-in-law's Labor Day party.

The party was pretty much your standard party stuff - drinking sangria and beer, eating foods, chatting with family members and others, having arguments about Syria and the size of parking lots in Munster, all that good stuff.

But then, come evening, my brothers, my sister-in-law, my brother's friend and I sat down to watch some television at the end of a long day. And what did we find on the TV? THE CHASE.

The Chase is a game show, imported from Britain, that airs on Game Show Network. When first viewed, the rules seemed to make absolutely no sense, especially if you come in in the middle of an episode.

But eventually we figured it out.

Basically, there's a team of three normal people who are competing against "The Beast," this dick who is like a British trivia genius. He matches up against them in various quiz sessions where he is "chasing" them toward the bank, essentially, at which point they either win their money or are eliminated if they get caught.

Then, whoever's left at the end do a final chase against him, with similar rules.

It's stupid, and confusing, and THE BEAST IS THE WORST!!!

I always wanted him to lose, AND HE NEVER DID. It got to the point where my brother Paul started rooting for the Beast, because he likes to root for a winner.

This may be the worst blog entry I've ever written. Baseball game to come soon, and hopefully that will be more interesting and lead to fame. FAME.

No comments:

Post a Comment