Friday, July 26, 2013

The never-ending cycle of free baseball tickets...

And other adventures from my week.

After camping last weekend, the days have been pretty slow, with not too much going on at work and not many eventful out-of-work adventures to recount. So, in the spirit of an earlier post, I'm going to provide you with a series of vignettes on what I've been up to of late.

1) A few weeks ago, several of us reporters attended News and Advance night at the Lynchburg Hillcats (the local minor league baseball team). It was...not great.

Of course, the camaraderie and beer and pretzels were all much appreciated, but there was an ungodly amount of rain, many a delay and, when baseball was being played, the home team was getting crushed.

The plus side? The promotion that night was "win-win" Wednesday, where a local radio station gives you a free ticket if you buy a ticket to that night's game. Now, despite not technically "buying" our tickets - really they were handed to us by our employers - we still received the free ticket for the next Wednesday game! And at that game, which was this week, we received ANOTHER free ticket! MAGIC.

2) I'm pretty much out of material, and I'm only on number two. Should've planned ahead.

3) OH! Prank calling. There was a lot of it on Thursday, but telling the story seems like a lot of work. . I'm really not in the mood to be hilarious - I probably should've thought of that before I started this not-hilarious blog post. Oh well.

4) To make up for this terribleness, here is a picture of a teacup pig:

Can't be mad at me now!

No comments:

Post a Comment