Friday, June 28, 2013

Little adventures along the way...

I haven't blogged in a few days, partly due to a lack of enthusiasm and partly due to a lack of adventures. I'm once again feeling downtrodden by my lack of famousness and the fact that I am pretty sure there are only two people who read this blog. (Woo Katherine and Shiri! Also occasionally Katrina. I think Barrett has given up.)

Anywho, still not many tales of adventure to share, and I'm anticipating a fairly chill weekend. So instead perhaps I'll share a few mini-adventures of the past few days, attempting to inject my trademark pithiness whenever possible.

1) Ellie's roommate saga: resolved! Last night the girl I met for a coffee a long time ago and liked came over to our apartment to meet my current roomie (whose sister is not taking the third spot, as had been a possibility) and check out the place. She liked the apartment, we liked her, everything is copacetic. Although I'll miss my departing roommate, it's exciting to get some new energy and a new friend in my life. I've also decided to stay in my current room, which means I won't have to move (huzzah) but am considering getting a new bed, likely upgrading to a full-size. Prepare for an entry down the way on Ellie's attempts to purchase a non-terrifying bed in which no  via Craigslist and/or Goodwill.

2) I finished Breaking Bad! Or rather, caught up with it. I plan to watch it live when it comes back in August, and then try and get the complete series on DVD for my birthday. At that point I may do a full rewatch with Barrett and start a splinter blog from this one where I try my hand at recapping/reviewing, because that's a career path I'd be interested in pursuing some day. So I hope you're excited for that!

3) Another follow-up on a previous adventure: The Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup! It was super exciting, dampened a bit by the fact that I watched the third period by myself in my living room, drinking a beer and eating Hershey's Cookies and Creme drops, quietly cheering and fist pumping because my roommate had gone to bed and needed to wake up at like 5 a.m. I'm missing the parade today, another consequence of living hundreds of miles away from home. But still, hooray for a sports team I care about succeeding.

4) Recently, a group of schoolchildren came by desk at work and took pictures of me. It was super weird. That is all.

2 comments:

  1. Woo! What can Shiri and I do to compete for the title of Favorite Reader? Katrina can compete as well, but Barrett is automatically disqualified.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, Kath. Way to throw down the towel! Who said this was a competition!?

    ReplyDelete